Vinegar cured poison ivy on my quarter horse
My four year old quarter horse gelding rubbed his butt on a tree that had dead poison ivy leaves on it.
I used half a quart of vinegar and half a quart of water to spray on his irritated skin. He was immediately relieved!
It also keeps the bugs away.
It works wonders, even on people and dogs too.
For poison ivy and poison oak skin rashes on humans, spraying a solution of equal parts apple cider vinegar and water onto the affected areas is a home remedy that will help stop the pain, itching and ease the swelling.
Cooling the ACV spray mixture in the refrigerator will provide even more relief.