Apple Cider Vinegar Benefits
And Multiple Uses
How can apple cider vinegar
help you and your family?
Let me tell you the ways…
Apple cider vinegar benefits have been known for a long time.
For centuries people have been using natural apple cider vinegar as both a food and a
medicine for themselves and for their pets.
Since 400BC, Hippocrates
, the father of
modern medicine, and others, have used vinegar and vinegar mixed with honey, as an energizing
tonic and a healing
More recently, the health benefits of apple cider vinegar have been promoted by many
well-known authors such as Dr Jarvis, Paul C. Bragg and Patricia Bragg.An apple a day keeps the doctor away.
D.C. Jarvis, a
Vermont country doctor, noted that apple cider vinegar was a respected home remedy
used by many Vermonters to successfully treat a number of common ailments and
nagging aches and pains.
He was so impressed that he went on to write a book on his
observations and experimentations with home remedies, especially apple cider vinegar,
and its beneficial effects on both people and farm animals.
First let me say that apple cider vinegar is a completely natural product
, resulting from
the fermentation of apple juice to hard apple cider followed by a second fermentation to
apple cider vinegar.
This natural product retains all the nutritional goodness of the apples from which it was
it is fortified with the extra acids
produced during the two
It's the sum of all these ingredients that give apple cider vinegar its
amazing health benefits.
A compilation of many time honored home
remedies used for a wide range of health problems is included in the natural healing Home Remedies section.
Apple cider vinegar benefits include many external uses as well. It can be used to sooth
sunburns and insect bites, to make your hair shine, and to treat dandruff just to mention a
few. Click on the Hair Care or Home Remedies section for more details on these and many more uses.
Apple cider vinegar fits in well with today's trend towards eating natural healthy whole
foods, and away from the overconsumption of highly processed convenience foods,
which are depleted of much of their original nutrients.
Beware – Not all apple cider vinegars are created equal!
Many commercial apple cider vinegars have been pasteurized, filtered, refined or distilled
in order to make the product look good, and thereby more appealing to the general public.
Unfortunately this extra processing destroys much of the healthy goodness and thus many of the apple cider benefits that were in the
product in the first place.
The best type of apple cider vinegar to use is one made from cold pressed, organically
grown whole apples, in which no chemicals or preservatives have been added, which
contains the "mother of vinegar", and is not pasteurized. The "mother of vinegar" is a
natural gelatinous substance formed during the last fermentation step.
This type of wholesome apple cider vinegar can be readily found in most health food
stores and can be conveniently purchased online.
Alternatively, you can brew your own nutritious apple cider vinegar at home. It's
surprisingly easy to do and the whole family can be involved.Weight Loss
For a step-by-step procedure on the home preparation of apple cider vinegar, click on the Homemade Vinegar section.
Another major apple cider vinegar benefit is weight loss. Although no
one is sure how it works, it has helped many people lose weight. Click on the Weight Loss section to
find out what the experts recommend as far as how much to take and how often, and the
latest theories on why it works.
Animals love apple cider vinegar
Apple cider vinegar benefits for our pets, from cats and dogs to pigeons and
parrots to cows and horses, are numerous. It can be used as a daily health tonic, to deter
insects such as mosquitoes, fleas and tics, to relieve skin conditions, and even to take
away the smell of skunk.
For details on these and many more uses, check out the Pet Care section.
Cooking with apple cider vinegar
Apple cider vinegar is an amazingly versatile cooking ingredient. It adds a tangy taste to
many drinks and deepens the flavors of numerous foods. Its important to note that
vinegar is a major ingredient in most condiments. Mayonnaise and tomato ketchup
account for more than 10% of the vinegar production in America.
Check out the Cooking with Vinegar section to discover a number of tricks and tips to
improve a variety of common recipes that will save you time and energy, and to find
several recipes that include apple cider vinegar as a major ingredient.
Besides the apple cider vinegar benefits for health, its use for weight loss, pet care, and
cooking, it can also double up as a non-toxic household cleaner, deodorizer, and
So go ahead, browse through the articles below and enjoy this unique gift from nature
and maximize your own apple cider vinegar benefits.
If you have any comments or suggestions, or if you would like to share an apple cider vinegar benefit, recipe, or
story, please click on the Contact Us link and use our form.
Table of Contents
- Vinegar Blog
- The Vinegar Blog keeps you up-to-date with all additions and changes to the apple-cider-vinegar-benefits.com web site. Subscribe here.
- Apple Cider Vinegar
- The latest apple cider vinegar news stories - hot off the press- are regularly posted here, and a spot is provided for you to share your comments on them.
- Vinegar Shop
- Explore the Vinegar Shop sections on organic apple cider vinegars, infused vinegars, oil and vinegar cruets, apple cider vinegar hair rinse products and vinegar books.
- Types of Vinegar
- Compare the flavor, acid content and culinary uses of apple cider vinegar to other types of vinegar such as balsamic, malt, sherry, red wine and rice vinegars.
- Properties of Vinegar
- The properties of vinegar such as pH, density, boiling and freezing point are evaluated and related to vinegar taste, cleaning and antiseptic characteristics.
- Vinegar history is filled with useful benefits.
- Vinegar history, from ancient Babylon onwards, shows us a multitude of ways in which man has benefited from the use of vinegar.
- Apple Cider Vinegar Making
- Vinegar making, especially apple cider vinegar, is easy to do, inexpensive, and the resulting homemade vinegar will be healthier and better-tasting than most commercially produced vinegars.
- Apple Cider Vinegar Health Benefits and Nutrition
- Apple cider vinegar health benefits include improved digestion, improved heart health, improved gluclose metabolism, and much more.
- Natural Healing Home Remedies
- Many tried and true home remedies use natural healing apple cider vinegar for treating common ailments. A variety of unique home remedies are presented for over 35 common health concerns.
- Apple Cider Vinegar and Weight Loss
- Apple cider vinegar and weight loss, your guide to how it works, the best type to use, how much to take and how often, as well as the time required to get results, and helpful weight loss tips.
- Vinegar and Acid Reflux
- Apple cider vinegar and acid reflux do not mix! An ACV tonic before meals along with some dietary and lifestyle changes is a natural way to alleviate heartburn symptoms.
- Removal of Warts Using Apple Cider Vinegar
- The removal of warts using apple cider vinegar is a highly acclaimed home remedy for all types of common warts especially those stubborn planter warts located on the feet.
- Vinegar and Diabetes
- Recent research on vinegar and diabetes shows that the use of vinegar can help lower blood sugar levels not only in healthy people but especially in people with prediabetes and type 2 diabetes.
- hot flashes
- Effectively reduce or put an end to menopausal hot flashes and night sweats with apple cider vinegar, a natural home remedy that really works.
- Gout Home Remedies
- Gout home remedies involving apple cider vinegar, either ingested or applied topically, can be used as natural alternative treatments to help relieve gout symptoms.
- Natural Hair Care Product
- Apple cider vinegar is a natural hair care product employed as is or with certain herbs and essential oils to make a vinegar rinse used to treat dandruff, itchy scalp, hair loss and head lice.
- Pet Care
- For pet care, apple cider vinegar can be used to fight fleas and ticks, help with skin and ear problems, remove skunk and cat urine odor, improve fertility, reduce weight, and as a health supplement.
- Horse Care
- For horse care, apple cider vinegar can be used as a nutritional water and feed supplement. It helps prevent intestinal stones, it's a natural insect repellant and its an excellent hoof conditioner.
- Cooking with Vinegar
- The many benefits of cooking with vinegar include tenderizing meats and veggies, enhancing food flavors, inhibiting bacterial growth and substituting for salt in many recipes.
- Cleaning with Vinegar
- The benefits and best tips for cleaning with vinegar are described for many household items including coffee makers, kitchen counters, copper pennies, drains, floors, and windows.
- About Author
- A brief description about the author, why he wrote this site and how he used Site Build It! (AKA Solo Build It!) to create a profitable web business.
- Disclaimer for Apple Cider Vinegar Benefits.com.
- Contact Us at Apple Cider Vinegar Benefits
- Have a question, comment or story to share? Get in touch with us here, anytime!
- apple-cider-vinegar-benefits sitesearch
- Use Apple-Cider-Vinegar-Benefits sitesearch to find the many ways you and your pets can be helped with apple cider vinegar. Search this site here!