The apple cider vinegar and warts removal procedure was reviewed by 69 users in 2015, and the results are summarized in the graph and type list below:
The testimonials included warts treated on these body areas:
The only drawback often mentioned was the
Not everyone experienced pain, but for those who did, it lasted anywhere from a few hours to several days. In those cases, over the counter pain medication was found to help.
2. Duct Tape: Use the duct tape to securely fasten the ACV swab directly over the wart.
3. Disposable gloves: Always use disposable gloves to reduce spreading warts to other parts of your body.
4. Cotton balls: Cut a cotton swab exactly the size of your wart. Do not be careless and cut larger because you will cause 3rd degree burn to healthy skin. This will slow down the healing process for both your foot and the wart removal.
5. Anti-bacterial ointment: Put around the cotton swab after it is applied onto your wart to reduce the infection of nearby skin.
6. Emery board: File 1x a day for the first 3 weeks. After third week file every other day.
7. Tweezers / nail clippers: After the first 3-5 days of using ACV you may notice hard white dead skin forming. Use the tweezers and nail clippers to carefully remove any dead skin and consistently do this (1x a day) until you remove the root of the wart. My wart was extremely deep and I had to use the tweezers sideways to scrape away the edges of white until finally after a few weeks I saw the end of the root. I didn't "pull" mine out as others did, I kept going with the ACV and eventually after a few weeks one day I took the cotton swab off and rather than seeing a deep hole with white at the bottom, I saw a deep hole with pink at the bottom. This is when I knew the root was gone.
8. Bath salts: Soak 1x a day in a bucket of very hot water either before or after you use the emery board.
9. Aloe Vera + Tea Tree Oil: After about 3 weeks of consistent ACV the skin surrounding my wart on my foot began to deteriorate. After the third week I would create a poultice with acv + tea tree oil and soak a cotton pad with it and tape it over my injured skin overnight. This helped the healing process.
All together I spent about $50 on these supplies.
The process was extremely painful for me, I have very sensitive skin and I would wake up at least once every night feeling pain. As the treatment progressed so did the pain and it wasn't until after about the 4th week that I stopped feeling pain.
Week 3-4 my entire foot and ankle were swollen. Soaking in water helped reduce the pain.
It took 8 weeks of consistency and my warts are just about gone. Don't stop just because the wart fell off, there is an entire wart under you may not treat if you give up too soon.
I'm not going to lie, I cried the second night of it because of the pain but I'm taking my time with this treatment. I don't want to rush it and overlook any other GW.
But Iv'e found using coconut oil around the area helps reduce the pain and heals the skin too.
I'm using q tips for cotton, soaking and squeezing out the excess then applying and securing with medical tape each night, for max 6 hours.
The last two nights I haven't used as much ACV to minimize skin damage, this might take longer to treat but I'd rather not be in pain and keep my skin healthy. I shower and clean myself every morning and use Sudocream to help repair this skin surrounding, just a small amount though to reduce moisture in the area.
I'm hopeful for the next week, and felt I should share my story because I'm sure theres other women/men constantly looking up reviews like I was to find a solution to genital warts. I've spent the last few months anxious and desperate to find a solution. But now I'm feeling more like myself again and I can't recommend this solution more.
DAY 1: 11-30-2014 12pm
After first ACV soak, wart got more discolored and now I can see 5 baby warts.
By 2pm a dark ring had formed, covered it in ACV & gauze.
DAY 3: 12-1-2014
2 times daily, covered with ACV cotton and gauze. Ring gone, puckered and seeds showing.
DAY 6: 12-4-2014
Soaked again. Warts turned yellow with dark seeds. Flashlight helps to see baby warts. Continued ACV soaked cotton, gauze and tape.
DAY 12: 12-10-2014
Switched from ACV and gauze because not sealed tightly and irritating skin around and on toe. Changed to cotton swab tip soaked in ACV, sealed tightly over mother with duct tape, and duct tape alone on all of the baby warts 24/7.
After a few days, the mother wart is soft and raised and full of long dark seeds.
Now can see 8 baby warts around the mother wart, plus additional dark spots in area, also one baby just under middle toe, and one baby on big toe. The babies have come to the surface and have pits or white rings around them, look kind of like bubbles.
Continued duct tape on all warts and ACV cotton duct taped over mother 24/7
DAY 14: 12-12-2014
Son reported tape fell off after Karate and half of the wart fell off too. Dad said there was a hole there. Two hours later the hole filled in with scab-like area, and looked like this. Skin around it is very scaly from the duct tape and ACV, peeling top layer of skin and toe, including top layer of the baby warts.
Pinky toe nail turned purple, Dr said looked like trauma/bruise. I wondered if somehow this is from ACV?
DAY 23: 12-21-2014
Scaliness has cleared up now that I'm using just cotton swap tips, ACV and duct tape sealed over all warts, but all dark spots, mother and babies are still there, under healed skin.
DAY 28: 12-26-2014 1:30pm
Did 2 ACV soaks over Christmas vacation. After the first one, some of the baby warts were just holes, and the mother wart was just dark skin, it came loose easily from the foot with cuticle trimmers, no pain.
All the brown tops of the baby warts that remained came off easily also.
2 hours later the hole had filled in and skin dried out. Continued as if warts there, applied ACV cotton swap tip and kept duct tape over all holes 24/7.
2 weeks later in mid January, another small dark “scab” formed and easily came off.
DAY 57: 1-24-2015
Area of mother wart is pink and flaky. Dark area visible still where original wart started.
Baby warts can no longer be seen below toes or on big toe, but continuing to tape over them just where they were. Leftover duct tape adhesive and flaky skin obscures visibility into the skin.
We apply fresh ACV cotton swab tip and duct tape every night and leave it on until the next night. Son wears a sock over it all day to not accidentally pull the tape off. 3M Duct tape is the only duct tape we’ve found to really stick.
We are going to keep doing this until we see nothing at all and then a few more weeks after that!